Worthless Checks

Florida law allows a person who receives a worthless check (bad check) to recover three (3) times the amount of the check, plus the amount of the check. However, before filing the lawsuit for worthless check, the law requires that the payee of the check send a statutory notice letter to the maker of the check. This notice letter demands full payment of the check, plus certain additional charges. If the maker of the check fails to pay the amount owed, then the statutory remedies become available. Attorney fees may also be recoverable in these suits.

If you have received a bad check, contact Attorney Vincent Schindeler, at (954) 522-8686, to discuss the possibility of recovering under the Worthless Check statute.

Disclaimer: Use of this website is subject to the terms and conditions contained herein.